Sunday 2 April 2023


 I made a comment the other day on Twitter and someone said it's doesn't work like that.
I asked them what they meant but they never replied!
What I had said was "due to my fibrofog I have to have subtitles on the TV to stay focused"
Whoever had replied to me either doesn't have Fibromyalgia or hasn't reached this stage yet.
(Fibro is progressive don't let them tell you anything else)
Most people that don't have Fibrofog think it is just getting muddled. forgetting words or being a bit confused at times.
It is sooooooooooooo much more and we all have to find out own way of dealing with it.
But the point of this post is never let someone tell you how this affects you. They are not you and have no clue what your life is like.
I may be able to sympathise with you as we are in the same boat but we will be getting off at different stops.
My journey is not your journey and each one is important.
What you feel and how it affects you is exactly that and no one can tell you it's different.
Thankfully I have a husband and kids with the patience of a Saint and will either wait for me to remember things or try and help by playing guess the word LOL.
So perhaps if you find your mind wandering and having to rewind programmes too many times maybe subtitles will help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment